Friday 24 April 2015

Bicks listens: The Franklys

The idea of 'Bicks listens' is that I'll be sharing music that I've really enjoyed or that I think deserves some recognition. It may be an album, gig review, or band that I choose to tell you about. This is something I'm hoping to post regularly (probably every other week). Now I listen to a mixture of genres and artists so you might not like everything I post, but hopefully there'll be something your ears take a fancy to!


Today I'd like to shine a light on a band that I've been following online for a couple of years, The Franklys. They describe themselves as an all-girl garage rock n roll band, They haven't released an awful lot of music but these four ladies are fantastic at what they do. The first time I stumbled upon this band I ordered their EP straight away! They've literally just released the official video for the latest single "Bad News" a couple of days ago, which has reminded me why I loved them so much when I first discovered them!



The band will be touring the country throughout England and I believe will be making an appearance at several festivals too! If you feel like The Franklys are up your alley, definitely go and check out their Youtube channel for more music and official site for tour dates. A couple of my personal favourites are "Weasel" from their 2013 self titled EP, and the single "What you said" which was released last year. 

Bicks xx

No comments: