Wednesday 10 February 2016

Bicks listens: The Japanese House


I discovered The Japanese House on Spotify when checking out a different band recommended to me by a friend. 19 year old, Amber Bain, AKA The Japanese House hails from London, UK. She released her debut EP 'Pools To Bathe In' in April 2015 and her latest 'Clean' came out in September of the same year.
Her single 'Still' was named 'hottest record in the world' by BBC Radio 1 DJ Zane Lowe and she has been touring as support for The 1975. She currently doesn't have a complete album out right now, although she's released a fair amount of songs that could equate to one.

The charming lyrics and floaty alt-pop sound of The Japanese House are mesmerising to listen to and I find her tracks make a good soundtrack when studying . My favourite song has to be 'Cool Blue'.


If you're into the likes of Imogen Heap, Grimes or The XX then I highly recommend you give her a listen. Find her on Facebook here, Sound Cloud here and check out her up coming 2016 tour dates here. I know I'll be grabbing a ticket.

Bicks x

No comments: