Wednesday 25 March 2015

Bicks tries... Meditation!



I've always experienced problems with sleep for a number of reasons which I've learned to live with. However, around Christmas it was starting to effect my health. I was at my boyfriend's parent's for dinner and his mum was telling me about this app, Headspace

It's free to download and provides you with 10 daily guided meditations. Each meditation is 10 minutes long and are really easy to get into. The app is also very accessible as you can do it anywhere, you just need to be sitting down. I chose to meditate before going to bed or in the morning when I get up, but you could do it during your commute or sitting on a park bench on your lunch break. 
I've been wanting to get into meditation for a while, but just never really known where to start? So when I found out about Headspace I was very excited and also a bit nervous as I wasn't sure what to expect. Those nerves disappeared as soon as I'd plugged my headphones in as the speaker is very calming and easy to listen to. The meditation itself I found to be so simple and afterwards I was left feeling very positive and relaxed. I can definitely say that my sleep has improved as well!
You can easily keep track of your progress
The app is very simple to use

























With each session I felt better than the day before and after day ten I was a bit lost on what to do next. The app offers a number of courses for you to complete, however you do have to sign up and pay for those. I've been listening to guided meditations on YouTube a couple times a week, but as part of my seasonal goals I'm going to try and make time for one each day. It's a little disappointing that you have to cough up to continue with Headspace, but it's a great way to get started and I definitely recommend trying the 10 day free trial to see whether meditation's for you. 

Bicks xx

No comments: