Sunday 20 December 2015

Top Five Festive Films.

Its that time of year where you don't even need to make excuses to sit down and watch a good film. We've obviously been getting through Star Wars to prepare for the new movie, but nothing makes you feel nice and festive like a classic Christmas flick! Here's a list of my favourites that I will definitely be watching over the next few days.

1. Miracle On 34th Street

I remember going to BlockBusters when I was little and constantly getting this film out. My parents hated it, my siblings hated it, but it was always one of my favourites so they were forced to watch it at least once a year.


2. A Muppets Christmas Carol

A family favourite in my house and you can't get more classic than Dickens. I love all versions of A Christmas Carol, it's a great story with a nice message and a happy ending. Just what you need at Christmas.

3. How The Grinch Stole Christmas

Along the same themes as A Christmas Carol, but funny and relatable. Jim Carey when he was still funny, Taylor Momsen when she was adorable, how could you not like this movie? Plus I love Dr Seuss, I read his wacky children's stories when I was young and his strange short stories as an adult.

4. Love Actually

This film just contains every British actor that existed at the time. It's funny, sad, and a bit ridiculous. I think the reason people like it so much is because it showcases the lives of many different people all experiencing love in their own situations. It's timeless because there's always a story that's relatable.

5. Home Alone

Home Alone is on this list purely for nostalgia reasons. Nothing says the 90s more than this film. One thing I've noticed over the years is each time I watch it, I always seem to spot more and more poinsettias in each scene. They're festive but seriously? Merry Christmas ya filthy animals!

Bicks xx

No comments: