Tuesday 10 November 2015

Seasonal Achievements: Autumn

I've decided to do things a bit differently this season. Although I think that seasonal goals was a good idea, I realised I'd been setting myself up for failure each time, giving myself (some) unrealistic goals. For Autumn I wanted to concentrate on the things that I have achieved rather than mope on about what I haven't managed to do. So here I am, sharing with you my reasons to celebrate!
Uni campus is actually stunning.



  • I'm on top of my university work. This might sound like a silly achievement, but it's something that I really struggled with last year and I've been making a huge effort to stay organised and stay in regular contact with my tutors this term.
  • I'm still working at my little part time job. I honestly didn't think that I'd be able to handle it alongside uni because I can get very stressed when I have too much going on, but I have good hours and they are very flexible which is great for someone like me.
  • I was elected as one of the Publishing Course Reps at uni. I think this will be a good way for me to learn more about how this side of things work at uni and I'll hopefully get a better understanding about my own course, whilst making some improvements too. I've also been doing extra curricular things such as workshops. These are just to give us some guidance, learn how to use techniques, apps and things to help us get more out of our academic years.
  • I'm learning French! Noah's started learning Spanish and I thought why not learn a language too? I already know a little French from when I was at school and I'm really enjoying it this time around. (I found it so difficult before!)
  • I'm feeling more confident in my blog. It's not that it contains different, or even better content, but I feel more comfortable having my thoughts and writing out there on the big ole internet. I have new ideas for future posts and I am posting much more regularly too, which I guess is the whole point.
  • I'm reading again. I've been in a reading rut for a long time now, I think this might be because I spent so much time reading books I was forced to read but didn't really enjoy last year. But over the last few weeks I've got stuck in and not just my required uni reading either. I've found some new authors and genres and I'm excited to pick up a book again. 

What have you achieved this Autumn? Big or small, I'd love to know!
Bicks xx

No comments: