Thursday 3 November 2016

#ReadKidsLit | To Be Read


For the past three years Lesley from Words of a Reader has hosted Children's Literature month. The aim is to purposely read more children's books than you usually would over the month of November. If you'd like to join in you can watch Lesley's video Here and use the hashtag #ReadKidsLit on social media to update your reading. 
I've been loving children's fiction this year and really wanted to join in with this challenge. Here's a few books that I'm hoping to get to this month.

The Enchanted Horse. 

I used to listen to this on tape when I was little and it was one of my favourites. For years I forgot what it was called until finally I came across it on Goodreads and managed to track down a copy on Abebooks. I think it's really great for this time of year too because as far as I remember it's set around Christmas. Very excited to re-read this one. 


The Tinder Box. 

This Little Black Classic contains 6 short fairytales written by Hans Christian Andersen. Of course fairytales are traditionally enjoyed by all ages, but since I read the first story in this mini collection yesterday, I thought I'd count it in the children's literature list. 


Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.

Continuing on with my Roald Dahl series I'll be re-reading this beloved tale, as well as watching the original film adaptation too. I picked up this copy at the Book Barn for just £1!

Strange Star.

I discovered that there was a children's book loosely inspired by Mary Shelley's Frankenstein. I had a Waterstones voucher and I thought, why not? You can expect a review of this one in the next few weeks. 


A Series of Unfortunate Events 1-3.

I found this book in my local Oxfam for about three quid, which is great because it actually contains the first three stories in the series. I've been meaning to get to this series for literally ever so I'm really looking forward to finally picking it up.

Will you be reading any children's literature during November? If so, I'd love to hear about it in a comment below. 

Bicks x

No comments: