Tuesday 3 November 2015

Lush: Skydancer - Far From The Madding Guns

When my family recently came to visit me, my Mum desperately wanted to go to the Lush shop as we don't have one back home. So we popped in and I didn't buy much, but one thing I did pick up was the Skydancer - Far From The Madding Guns bath bomb. I've mentioned before that I don't usually go for bath bombs as you can only use them once and that leaves me disappointed after I've used one because once you pop them in they seem to go so quickly! However, that being said, I picked up this once because I saw that the money goes to a good cause. 


Google Images
It says on the website that 'profits from each and every one of these soft floral and liquorice-scented bath bombs will help fund equipment to satellite tag many endangered hen harrier chicks born in the coming years.' And I can't say no to that.
You can read more about hen harriers and the problems currently leading to their extinction here. You can also sign the petition to put an end to the shooting of these extremely rare birds here.

Skydancer is made with bergamot, Sicilian lemon, cinnamon and of course it has a liquorice scent too. The liquorice seemed a bit scary to me as I'm not a huge fan, but when I used it I found that, although the scent was there, it wasn't overpowering at all. It definitely has floral tones and also smelt quite earthy to me too. This wouldn't be my go to Lush scent as I prefer sweeter, fruity smells, but I didn't hate it either! This bath bomb danced around in the bath water and the mixture of the blue and yellow once fizzing, became a lovely grassy-green colour. It didn't create many bubbles at all, but the colour in the water was quite thick and opaque. 
Google Images
As usual of lush products, it left my skin feeling nice and soft and I will be repurchasing. Mainly because even though it's not my favourite product, I know that my money will be well spent helping to preserve these beautiful, yet endangered creatures. 

Bicks xx

No comments: