Monday 19 October 2015

I had a birthday...

So my birthday was actually ages ago now (6th October) and I'm finally getting around to posting about it! To be honest, I don't usually do an awful lot for my birthday, but this year it was more of a birth-week celebration than just one single day..


Not the best quality but we had limited selfie time!
So this wasn't really for my birthday but on the 2nd my friend Kirsty was given tickets to see Doc Brown and invited me to come along. So off to Komedia we went and it was a great evening! Doc Brown himself was brilliant and his support act was very good too. 


Nobody wanted to be in a picture except my dad so this is the best I could get.
A couple of days before my actual birthday, my parents and little sister came up to visit and drop off presents (and my new sofa!!). We went around town for a bit and met Noah on his break to have some dinner. It was only a quick visit for the day as it takes HOURS to get to Bath and back from the K. 


On the Monday Noah and I had had a difficult day (a post will follow to explain) and so we decided to go out for an early birthday meal at the Westgate pub in town. We had nachos to share as a starter, then I chose the sausage and mash for my main and Noah had burger and chips. It was rather on the expensive side for pub grub *especially considering they didn't know how to make a Mojito properly* but it was still nice to have an evening out together by ourselves. 

Top right - Mine and Lou's obligatory toilet selfie

On Tuesday (my actual birthday!!) Noah and I went to the Nest and met up with a few friends to check out the bands playing that night. I didn't fancy ~clubbing~ as I had uni all day the next day so we just had a few pints and enjoyed the music. The headlining band of the night were called Peppers Ghost and they were actually pretty good!

On Thursday I met Noah in town after uni. As part of my birthday present he'd booked for us to go on a horse and carriage ride around Bath. It was so lovely and I was SO pleased to see there were blankets on the carriage as it was quite a chilly day. I tried to take some video of the ride, but it didn't come out so great. It's a really nice way to see Bath and I highly recommend it if you get the chance!

Birthday girls :)

Noah got so into it, he outshone us all!
Friday was the big celebration! Kirsty and I had a joint fancy dress party in a pirates and princesses theme (and also some priests came along too) and it was fantastic! Everyone made a real effort and came in costume and a lot of drink was consumed haha.

Right next to the tampon machine - classy..
Finally we went out the next Monday to have a drink for Kirsty's actual 22nd. It was a late one and we had probably too many cocktails in Revs and then went on to Po Na Na for free vodka. So many drinks, but a great way to end a week of celebrations!

Bicks xx

No comments: