Sunday 17 July 2016

Booktube-A-Thon TBR

I tried to ignore it I really did, but this readathon was calling me. I've just seen a bunch of people's TBR videos and posts for this and I want to join in!


Booktube-A-Thon is hosted by Ariel Bissett and takes place for a week from Monday 18th to Sunday 24th of July. 
So there are seven challenges for 2016's Booktube-a-thon and they are:
1. Read a book with yellow on the cover.
2. Read a book only after sunset.
3. Read a book you discovered through Booktube.
4. Read a book by one of your favourite authors.
5. Read a book that is older than you.
6. Read and watch a book-to-movie adaptation.
7. Read seven books.

Let's not beat around the bush here, the books I've selected are all rather slim. That's partly because I've got a fair bit going on this week and mostly because I am not the fastest reader out there. I'd love to actually complete a readathon for once so I've opted for a more realistic TBR.

Vampires In The Lemon Grove by Karen Russell
I picked this up from Oxfam the other day as one of their Summer Scorcher Reads, I already had far too many books in my arms at this point, but I couldn't resist. This short story collection will help me cross off a book with yellow on the cover.

Beautiful Darkness by Fabien Vehlmann & Kerascoet
I've already had a flick through this one and I can't wait to get to it. It's a library lend so I kinda need to get to it this week anyway. This will be my book for after sunset. I will more than likely read this in one go, but I get very tired in the evenings so if I get much reading done at all after sunset I'll be happy!

The Book Collector by Alice Thompson
I ordered this a few weeks ago along with Bodies Of Water which I loved (review coming soon). I've heard loads of booktubers talk about this over the past year and I had to get a copy for myself. This covers the book discovered through youtube challenge.

The BFG by Roald Dahl
Sorry, but who doesn't love a bit of Roald Dahl? I've just bought this edition of the BFG in anticipation for the new film adaptation. It's one that I haven't read in over a decade and I can't wait to reread one of my favourite authors from my childhood.   

Ariel by Sylvia Plath
Basically this is an excuse to show off this beautiful edition. Now this particular book is definitely not older than me, however the original publication date for the collection was two years after Plath's death in 1965 (at least 30 years before my time).

The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald
This has sat on my shelf for so many years and I've been meaning to get to it. I've also never seen the film before so I'm looking forward to that once I get through the book. People seem to either completely adore or loathe this one so it should be an interesting read. 

Northanger Abbey by Jane Austen
This is a book that I'm currently reading and really enjoying. I have a bad habit of starting a book and getting distracted by other things only to completely forget about it. If I get to the seventh challenge then this would be a nice way to finish up the readathon. 

So we've got a short story collection, a graphic novel, a novella, a children's story, a poetry collection and two classics. There's a nice mix of genres here and I can't wait to get started! If you're taking part in the Booktube-A-Thon then please go ahead and leave me a link to your TBR, I'd love to see what you pick. 
Happy Reading and good luck!


Bicks x

No comments: