Monday 25 July 2016

Bicks listens | Favourite Podcasts #3


So I've done a couple of these in the past (here and here) and it's about time I did another one. Today I'm going to share with you a selection of podcasts I've been listening to lately. 


Now I don't know about other countries, but I can honestly say that the majority of the subjects discussed on this this podcast were never taught to me at school. They cover an extremely broad range of topics such as; the history of harmonicas, the Eggnog Riot and how the traditional white-wedding came about. The podcasts aren't exhaustively long, so if you're like me and easily distracted then this podcast is perfect for you. 




I spoke about GenWhy podcast before and these guys like that, except less about murders and more about conspiracy theories I know, I know it's an odd topic and when you hear conspiracy you think of the weird guy down at the pub that everyone ignores. However, these hosts are hilarious, charismatic and don't take themselves too seriously. If you want to learn about aliens, secret government plots and how those major events in history sometimes just don't quite add up, then this might be the podcast for you. The guys research the hell out of their topics and they cover a bit of everything – they even have an episode on mermaids!


If you're a fan of fairytales then you need to be subscribed to this one. Every fortnight a new episode explores a particular tale from the well known modernised version all the way back to the original tales passed down through the generations. Our host also goes into detail of the different stories from around the world that all have something in common. Singing Bones makes for great bed time listening. 






What else should I be listening to? I'd love to hear your suggestions. 

Bicks x

No comments: