Saturday 9 April 2016

Genrethon | Reading Challenge

So four of my favourite booktubers (LaurenAndTheBooks, SquibblesReads, UnderTheRadarBooks and ViennaWaitsBooks) have come up with a new reading challenge called Genrethon. The point of Genrethon is to step out of your reading comfort zone and read from different genres. The rules are that you have to read at least 3 books from at least 3 genres in the week of 11th -17th April. You can read more if you like, but that is the minimum. 
I'm cutting this fine as it starts tomorrow, but I really struggle with TBRs in general as my reading moods change all the time and I wanted to make sure I would definitely still want to read these books this week.

Here's my little list of books I'm planning to read for the Genrethon:

Seven Brief Lessons On Physics
By Carlo Rovelli
Genre: Non-fiction

Each Vagabond By Name 
By Margo Orlando Littell
Genre: Literary fiction

Paper Girls Volume 1
By Brian K. Vaughan, Cliff Chiang and Matthew Wilson
Genre: Comic/graphic novel

Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
By J. K, Rowling
Genre: Middle grade/children's Fiction.

I will most likely be doing reviews on a couple of the books mentioned (probably not HP though). Hopefully I will get through all of these this week. It may not look like a lot, but it is my first week back at university after the Easter break so fingers crossed I don't get too bogged down with uni stuff.

Let me know if you're taking part in the Genrethon or if you have any thoughts on any of the books above.

Bicks x

No comments: